May 16, 2012

Blueberry Snickerdoodles



I'm in LOVE!!!!!! With these Blueberry Snickerdoodles! OMG!! If you are going to bake something this weekend I definitely recommend these cookies. Soft, delicate and flavoured with cinnamon and blueberries. Mmmm!!! Yummie!

This is the first time I baked snickerdoodle cookies and the name sounded so cute, I had to give them a try. And of course, I really like both blueberries and cinnamon:-)

Have you submitted a contribution to my first My Sweet Party ? The theme of my first party is chocolate and I would love you to join!




Blueberry Snickerdoodles, 2 dozen
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 large egg
2 heaping cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/4 cup granulated sugar & 1/2 tbsp cinnamon for rolling cookies in

Preheat oven at 200 degrees C.

Beat together butter, vegetable oil, granulated sugar, powdered sugar and egg. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, vanilla sugar and salt. Slowly beat flour mixture into butter mixture.

Gently fold in the blueberries, being careful not to crush them. Otherwise you'll end up with purpleish-blue cookies.

In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup granulated sugar and cinnamon. Shape dough into 1-inch balls, the roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place balls on a greased baking sheet. With a flat-bottomed glass, slightly flatten cookies. Be careful not to crush the berries though. Again....blue cookies. Sprinkle some extra cinnamon-sugar mixture on top.

Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until edges being slightly brown and a tooth-pick inserted into the center of the cookie  comes out clean. Allow to cool.

Because of the fresh blueberries, these cookies are best eaten within 3-4 days of making....but I doubt they will last that long:-)



ENJOY!


Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. I love snickerdoodles and this idea sounds brilliant! Thanks for sharing it :) I'm pinning it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pinning! I love snickerdoodles too now:-) And the name is so cute:-)

      Delete
  2. Yummy! These sound amazing! Such a great summer cookie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to try these snickerdoodle cookies but by the looks of them, they're heaven. Yours look so perfect and I adore the addition of the blueberries. Yumo!

    -Lisa.
    Sweet 2 Eat Baking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankes Lisa! They are absolutely amazing, you must give em a go:-) It's worth it:-)

      Delete
  4. What cute cookies! They look like blueberry muffin tops! Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never of thought to add blueberries. Now I'm wondering where these have been all my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cookie itself is super yummie, but by adding blueberries, the're just perfect:-)

      Delete
  6. Hi Johanna, thanks for stopping by Tutti Dolci. These snickerdoodles look delicious - I never would have thought to add blueberries, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my these weren't the hardest to make and it turned out tasting so yummy! I used frozen blueberry to make these and I think it would be even better using fresh ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you liked them!! Yes, i think fresh berries are better, frozen ones tend to be to soft and break easily, but the taste is the same and that's most important:-)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments and I read them all, but may not respond to all:-)

XOXO Johanna